Twitter is All About the Links

Via steverubel:

Fortune recaps statements from Twitter on engagement. And there’s no surprise here….

“80% of Twitter engagement consists of people clicking on a tweet, while the remaining 20% is a Retweet or a Tweet.”

This is why brands on Twitter need to view themselves as curators. Tweet 75% of the time with links that are relevant to your zone and 25% about yourself. There’s too much competition for people’s time these days. It’s not about you.