[A.K.A. Where my (Molly Block) art work and creative-reuse work can be found in person in the coming months, in addition to being found online on Etsy in the Molly Block Finds shop here, and on Facebook here.]
– Friday, Feb. 6 - Fri., Feb. 27 – Fort Worth Community Arts Center – Two of yours truly’s vintage neon sign prints will be in the Arts Center’s “RED, RED, RED” group exhibition. Opening/reception: Feb. 6, 6 p.m - 9 p.m. http://fwcac.com/?exhibitions/future_exhibition
– Sat., Feb. 14 – Rice Village Flea in Houston – I’ll be selling prints of my photos and pieces of my upcycled vintage-film jewelry here! This will be my first time as a vendor at Rice Village Flea, among local artisans/makers who sell high-quality items; to say I’m excited about participating in this market would be an understatement! http://ricevillageflea.com/new-events-1
– Sat., Feb. 21 - Sat., March 14 – The Gallery at Round Top in Round Top, Texas – What: Wine (free!) and some of my artwork (not free, but for sale along with some cool pieces by other artists!) at this juried show. Opening/reception: Feb. 21, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Round Top’s only an hour or so from Houston and Austin. Central Texas friends: Let me know if you’ll be coming to this! http://thegalleryatroundtop.com/Exhibitions.html
[Edited to add] – Tues., Feb 24 - Fri., March 27 – 40 West Arts in Lakewood, CO – A framed print and a canvas print (+ unframed prints) of two of my Denver-area photos will be on view and for sale in 40 West Arts’ juried exhibition, “The Four Seasons of Colfax: A Year in the Life,” at 40 West Gallery, 1560 Teller Street, in Lakewood. Receptions: Weds., Feb 25, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m., and Fri., March 6, 4 p.m.-7 p.m. http://40westarts.org/Exhibitions.html
– Wed., Feb. 25 - Sat., March 7 – West 46 (project space for photography) in Vienna, Austria – The work of two sign geek friends, Achim Gauger and Steve Spiegel, will be featured, and they’re including some small prints from some of us other sign geeks from around the world. http://west46.at
– Sat., March 7 – The Dallas Flea (in, um, Dallas!), at Trinity Groves – I’m psyched about being a first-time vendor at The Dallas Flea, an upscale, curated, indoor market that’s been in existence since 2009. Everything from clothing, jewelry, furniture, food, home decor, and art items – including prints of my photos and pieces of my upcycled film jewelry – to items for children and pets, and more, can be found at the 90 or so booths here. For details, see the above image, and/or check out the Web site: http://thedallasflea.com
– Friday & Saturday, May 8-9 – Vintage Market Days in McKinney, Texas – A variety of vintage-y things, including some antiques, furnishings, decorative items, and wearable objects – plus good things to eat, can be found at this indoor market, which is held over 2-3 days in various cities. McKinney in May will be my first Vintage Market Days market! (My photos and vintage film jewelry will be for sale.) 80+ vendors. Check out the VMD info for McKinney and other cities throughout Texas and in Oklahoma: http://vintagemarketdays.com
Stay tuned: Additional events and dates TBA!
P.S. My house is outfitted with a sophisticated security system that includes security cameras and other motion-detection gear and alarms, plus a strong man who’s very adept at using guns, in addition to a large, loud, easily angered dog, plus very watchful neighbors who keep an eye on everything happening nearby … so, would-be burglars? Stay away!
[Images courtesy of Rice Village Flea and The Dallas Flea.]